Kedarnath horse Palki price from Gaurikund 2022
Kedarnath is the oldest temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva, built by Pandavas, It is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga of India and one among the Panch Kedar. It is located in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand at the height of 3583 meters so to reach Kedarnath, one needs to trek 16 KM or take horses/ponies or palki. Kedarnath horse price is made fixed for every season by the local administration. and in this article you will get to know about the latest revised horse and palki price in Kedarnath.
The base point is Gaurikund and this is the last place that is connected with the road, the trek starts from Gaurikund.
Kedarnath Horse, Palki and Dandi Price –
You will be having 3 options to reach Kedarnath temple – 16KM trek, Take helicopter services and third is to hire any Dandi, Kandi, or Horse at Gaurikund or Sonprayag (Better is to hire from Gaurikund).
Kedarnath Horse price from Gaurikund / Sonprayag –
|From||To||Distance (in km)||Total Cost|
Dandi (Palanquin) price from Gaurikund to Kedarnath –
|From||To||Distance (In km)||Upto 75 kgs (In INR)||Upto 90 kgs (In INR)|
|Gaurikund||Kedarnath & Return to Gaurikund||32||7950||8450|
|Gaurikund||Kedarnath & Return Next Day||36||9550||10050|
Kandi Price from Gaurikund to Kedarnath –
|From||To||Distance (In km)||Upto 25 kgs (In INR)||Upto 50 kgs (In INR)|
|Gaurikund||Kedarnath & Return Same Day||32||1900||3350|
*Prices may change slightly. As it is revised by the district administration every year.
Click here for helicopter services to Kedarnath.
Things MUST KNOW before going to Kedarnath –
- In the wake of the recent COVI-19 situation, you need to apply for an E-pass from Here.
- COVID-19 negative report is not mandatory now.
- For visiting Kedarnath, you must register yourself online. Here is the website for registration. If you will not do it online, At Sonprayag, you need to stand in a long queue for getting it done. Local administration is allowing only 3000 people per day so better to do it prior.
- Do carry your Aadhar Card with you.
- Make sure to carry a raincoat or umbrella with you.
- Do check the road condition before starting your journey – Check the live road condition from Here.
- Pack some woolen cloth with you.
- Carry enough cash with you. there is no ATM. either, you have to request any shopkeeper to provide cash on 10-12% commission.
- Fill up your petrol tank at Kund.
Please Keep in mind during peak season, please ensure to start your trek early, because due to the huge crowd, it will become very tough to get any Horse, Palki, or Kandi after 6 or 7 AM. So you must book your Horse or Kandi or Palki before 7 AM at least.
How to Book Horse and Palki From Gaurikund:
Unfortunately, there is no online booking option for Horse and Palki. You need to reach the point before time so that you can book it.