Kempty Falls Mussoorie –
Kempty Falls Mussoorie is a wonderful place for fun and enjoyment with your friends, family, or your loved ones. It is developed as a tourist destination in 1835. It’s a huge fall surrounded by high mountain ranges where it is drizzling onto the rocks from an altitude of almost 40 feet. It grew as one of the most popular places for an outing with family or friends. Its clean and cold white water attracts tourists to take a swim and have a lot of fun there.
Things to do in Kempty Falls Mussoorie –
If it is summertime, then you can not stop yourself to dive into the water. You can take a swim. You can also find a lot of shops and restaurants near the Falls in Mussoorie. It’s a 30 minutes drive from mall road so you will definitely enjoy the drive. You can take a halt in between to capture some pics because you will find viewpoints en route.
Why its name is Kempty Falls?
It is believed that the name Kempty is derived from “Camp-Tea” and during the British time, this place was famous for hosting tea parties. So if you are a tea lover then you should have a cup of tea and enjoy the freshness of the soothing breeze.
Best Time to visit –
The fall makes it best during summer (June to October). During the summer months, it is relaxing and fun to take a bath in the lake. Though this place can be visited the whole year during winters the water gets chilled and you can not enjoy swimming.
How to Reach?
You can reach here by rental taxi and bus from Mussoorie station. The Fall is located at a distance of 14 km from Mussoorie. Firstly, to reach Mussoorie, you can take public transport. i.e. Bus from Dehradun Hill Bus station near Dehradun Railway station. The Fall is at a distance of 37 Km from Dehradun.
The nearest Railway station to the Fall is Dehradun Railway Station (48 Km) and the nearest airport is Jollygrant airport Dehradun ( 72 Km).
Kempty falls ropeway –
The ropeway is the best way to explore the kempty waterfalls and gives the best bird’s view of the surroundings. To the delight of nature lovers, the ropeway provides a breathtaking view of the surrounding mountains and water bodies
Kempty falls ropeway ticket depends on the season. If you visit the waterfall during the off-season, it will cost 80 rupees for a two-way trip; during the peak season, the ticket price rises to 150 rupees.
Don’t carry children less than 5 years on the ropeway it is risky for them.
Shopping in Kempty Falls –
I would suggest you can do some shopping here. As you will find many shops here selling traditional items also you will find photographers who will give you instant pics captured by their HD Cameras. Also, they are providing local traditional dress, after wearing the dress you can capture the pics.
Other than this you will find many restaurants and hotels near the Kempty falls.
Change Room and Rental Shops in Kempty Falls Mussoorie –
There are many shops those are offering swimming tubes, costumes and other things for rent. Also, they are providing a locker where you can put your items for some time. During the peak season time, they increase their price.
Snowfall in Kempty Falls –
This place is at a lower height than Mussoorie so you won’t get snowfalls here.
5 Reasons for not visiting Kempty Falls Mussoorie –
Now let me tell you about the other face of Kempty falls. You might have seen many videos or articles and if you have a clean beautiful image of Kempty falls in your mind than it might disappoint you. Let me talk about 7 such things that you should know before planning for Kempty Falls.
- During Summer (Peak Season time), it would be highly crowded no matter its either weekdays or weekend, so you may face long traffic jams on the road so plan your time accordingly.
- The crowd is such a big issue here. when you will reach to falls after trekking down, chances are you will find the whole lake overcrowded. People come in groups here so you might find they are creating noise some time it can make you uncomfortable.
- Due to a lot of crowds, you may face the problem of parking your vehicle. You will find a place far away from the falls.
- You have to step down lots of stairs to reach the falls. But anyway, you have the cable car (Rope-way) alternative that would hardly take 5 Mins. But sometimes this ropeway connecting Kempty falls get worse and it did not work. So you left with no option other than walking down.
- Mismanagement and poor infrastructure is other issues. You find many unorganized shops there. Cleanliness is the main problem.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How to reach kempty falls from Mussoorie?
Kempty falls is located 15 km from Mussoorie on Yamunotri road. Kempty Falls is accessible by car, taxi, or bus which are easily available from Mussoorie station. The nearby railway station is at Dehradun railway station 45 km and the airport at Jolly Grant Airport is 69 km.
2. What is the ticket price for Kempty falls in Mussoorie?
Ticket for visiting kempty falls is free or by base using ropeway is Rs 120-150 per person. Additional charges are 50 Rs per person, changing room 10 Rs per person, costume price is Rs 20 per person and parking fees is Rs 40 per vehicle.
3. How far are kempty falls from Mussoorie?
It is 14.5 km away from Mussoorie. You will have to face a 2.5 km walking trek from the kempty falls rest house while trekking you will see a full of terrace fields, crystal clear river water, and lush forest. There are flora and fauna to keep you captivated on your tour.
4. What is the height of Kempty Falls Mussoorie?
If Mussoorie is nearly 1364 meters above sea level. Kempty falls are a total of 40 feet long.
5. What is the best time for visiting Kempty falls?
Frankly, there is no particular time to visit Kempty falls but the Best time to visit is during summer from March to June.
6. Kempty falls is open or not?
It is open all seven days a week. It opens from
10 am to 6 pm.