About The Mall Road Mussoorie –
The Mall Road Mussoorie. The most famous place in Queen of the Hills is Mussoorie. Mall Road is the major attraction in Mussoorie. It is situated at 2000 meters in height. This is a major shopping point in Mussoorie. From shopping for woolens and souvenirs to enjoying luscious food…..there is something for almost everyone. Everybody knows that every hill station has its unique place. So, Mussoorie has a Mall road too. The Mall Road in Mussoorie is famous for its valley view and it is beautifully decorated with lamp posts and sitting benches that are lined up at the side of the road.
Mall Road Starts from the Gandhi Chowk / Taxi stand for Kempty waterFall from one end and ends at Kulri Bazar on the other end. It is a 3 km long road. There are a lot of shops and restaurants on Mall road. You will get pure vegetarian food at some restaurants too. Other major attractions of Mall road are – the church, Library, Picture Place, Aquarium, and Coffee shops. Almost every tourist visits mall road. It is a must-visit place.
You might have heard about one interesting fact about Mall road Mussoorie is, during British time they had posted a board there mentioning “Dogs and Indians are not allowed”. Motilal Nehru broke this rule and paid a fine for it.
Things to do in Mall Road –
Walking and Roaming Around – Walking through the Mall road takes you close to the town. You can understand the structure, history, and lifestyle of the Queen of the hills. After spending the entire day sightseeing this place is the best place for tourists to hang out in the evening but remember that many people are comes here for shopping, during the day and evening, especially from 8 am to 1 am and 4 pm to 9 pm it’s crowded here. You can enjoy the nightlife of Mussoorie and the view of Dehradun from Mall road at night is terrific. It is the heart of Mussoorie.
Shopping – The mall road is full of great stuff where you can buy your choice of items, there are a lot of options for shopping.
Best time to visit – Opening hours of Mall road – It opens 24 Hours a day.
How to reach Mall Road Mussoorie – Mall road is located in the center of the city and Private vehicles are not allowed on Mall road. You can take a rickshaw or you can go on foot. It is 34 Km from Dehradun. If you are not with your vehicle, you can take a bus from Dehradun to Mussoorie. If you are unknown to this place you can take a Cab or City bus from Dehradun Railway station. The nearest Railway station to Mall Road is Dehradun Railway Station (35 Km) and the nearest airport is Jollygrant airport Dehradun ( 58 Km).
Staying in Mall Road Mussoorie –
Hotels in Mall Road Mussoorie – There are a lot of best options for staying in Mall Road, here are a few hotels listed for you :
1. Welcomhotel by ITC Hotels, The Savoy, Mussoorie – This hotel is 1 km away from Mall Road, this hotel is situated 2500 meters above sea level amidst The Garhwal Hills Mussoorie.
2. Hotel Pine Retreat Mall Road – Built-in Mussoorie Mall Road, this hotel provides you with a restaurant, free private parking, a lounge, and a garden.
3. Hotel Vishnu Palace – 1.5 km from Mall Road, located in Mussoorie, it gives you a beautiful garden, free private parking, and a terrace.
4. The Three Oaks Boutique Hotel – This hotel is 900 meters away from Mall Road, Mussoorie, and 600 meters from Camel’s Back Road. The Three Oaks Boutique Hotel gives accommodation with free parking for guests who drive and a terrace for a wonderful nature view.
5. House in the Oaks – The distance from Mall Road is 1.7 km, House in the Oaks gives you accommodation with a beautiful garden, a wonderful terrace, and a shared kitchen for your convenience.
6. Honeymoon Inn Mussoorie – Mall Road is 250 meters from Honeymoon Inn Mussoorie, which gives you beautiful modern rooms a short 5-10 minute walk from Gun Hill. It has a tour Desk, a games room, and free wi-fi in public areas.
7. Tulip Green Castle – This hotel gives you the best food and beautiful rooms with a nature view from the windows.
8. Hotel Wild Wood – A fresh and new experience, they have the best food quality and nature view, and the plus point is their neat and clean environment property.
9. Hotel Phoenix – Wonderful property at Mall Road, their rooms are very clean and the view is amazing, towards Queen of Hills.
Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Bakeries, and Bar & Lounge – Outside the hotel, there are many restaurants, coffee shops, and bars in which you can spend your good time :
Coffee Shops –
1. Little Llama Café (Near Union Church)
2. Clock Tower Café
3. Madras Café
4. Cafe Garaage
1. Momos Tibetan Restaurant
2. Le Chef – The Restaurant
3. The Grand Dining Hall
4. Neelam Restaurant
5. Aggarwal Vegetarian
Note: If you are not interested in these costly restaurants, don’t worry, Mall Road is full of street foods, like chow mien, momos, soup(thoppa), and many more.
1. Casa Mia Bakery
2. Chic Chocolate
Bars and Lounge –
1. The Victorian Bar
2. Nostradamus Bar and Lounge
3. Sky Lounge By Sea Hawk
4. Marshals Lounge
Note: There are Liquor Stores too in Mall Road Mussoorie: English Wine Shop, Madhur Sharma wine shop, and Mussoorie Novelty Stores.
Other Side of Mall Road Mussoorie – Now, let’s talk about the other side of Mall Road, you can’t bring and can’t drive your vehicle inside the road because there are many pedestrians. Sometimes you are lucky if you got a parking space available near Gandhi Chowk.
Temperature – In the winter season, the temperature is drop down to 1 degree Celcius on Mall road, that’s the reason here for the icy weather if you are coming here this winter so be prepared to get woolen and warm clothes with you.